PLEASE READ NOTE AT BOTTOM OF THIS DESCRIPTION
The interactive features in this document will not work on a Mac.
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERS IN GRADES 4-5:
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE TIME COMPLETING YOUR LESSON PLANS EACH WEEK?
DO YOU WANT A LESSON PLAN FORM THAT CONTAINS MOST ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO COMPLETE DETAILED AND THOROUGH LESSON PLANS?
If you answered “yes” to the above questions, then these lesson plan templates ARE FOR YOU!
This set of Special Education lesson plan templates are unique in that they are: (1) aligned with the Common Core State Standards in the areas of English Language Arts – Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening, Language- and Mathematics; and (2) fully interactive with drop down menus, check boxes and plain text content control typing fields for easily selecting/inserting relevant information related to planning lesson for special needs students. These lesson plan templates were designed to SAVE YOU TIME in preparing weekly lesson plans for your students. ALL THREE SUBJECT AREAS IN BOTH GRADE LEVELS CONTAIN THE FOLLOWING SECTIONS:
1. Identifying Information – with plain text content control typing fields for inserting the teacher’s name, the specific group/students for whom the lesson will be conducted, and the dates the lesson will be implemented;
2. Instructional Setting – with a check-box to indicate whether the special education services for the lesson will be delivered in a self-contained class, a resource room or the general education setting;
3. Common Core State Standards – with drop down menus for selecting the standards focus for
4. IEP Goal/Objectives – with a plain text content control typing field for inserting the specific goal/objectives addressed during the lesson;
5. Specially Designed Instruction – with drop down menus for selecting up to four specially designed instructional techniques required for the goal/objectives (specific to each subject area);
6. General/Subject Specific Accommodations/Modifications/Supplemental Aides and Services – with drop down menus for selecting up to five general and subject-specific accommodations, modifications, and supplemental aides and services;
7. Materials – with a plain text content control field for quickly typing in a list of instructional materials needed for the lesson;
8. Procedures – with a plain text content control field for inserting the specific procedures to followed during the lesson;
9. Assessment – a section with a drop down menu for selecting and inserting the specific assessment method(s) which will be used to assess learning of the standard/objective and a section with another drop down menu for selecting the specific assessment modifications to be implemented for the assessment(s) chosen; and
10. Notes – with a plain text content control field for quickly inserting important reminders before the lesson and/or reflections regarding the outcome of the lesson or notes for follow-up after the lesson has been conducted.
This lesson plan set contains templates for the INTERMEDIATE grades 4 and 5. Both grade levels contains 3 lesson plan templates one each for the subject areas of English Language Arts- Reading, English Language Arts – Writing, Speaking & Listening, and Language, and Mathematics.
This is THE LESSON PLAN TEMPLATE for Special Education Teachers - now available for Intermediate Level teachers!
If you have any questions regarding these lesson plan templates, please contact me and ...happy (speedy) planning!
The lesson plan templates are fully editable.
These templates are Word documents created using Microsoft Word 2010. The interactive features are only accessible on a PC computer with Microsoft Word 2007 or later installed. The interactive features will not work on a Mac computer or a PC with Microsoft Word 2003.
Note: There is a character limitation in the drop down menus. No more than 256 characters can be entered into the drop down list or displayed in the document. Therefore, for those standards containing more than 256 characters, the majority of the standard will be displayed, but all characters beyond the 256 limit will be cut off when inserted into the document.
*****PLEASE NOTE: THERE IS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE WITH THE DROP DOWN MENUS IN THESE DOCUMENTS ON A MAC MACHINE. OFFICE FOR THE MAC DOES NOT SUPPORT MACROS. THEREFORE, THE INTERACTIVE FEATURES IN THIS DOCUMENT (DROP DOWN MENUS, TEXT FIELDS, ETC) WILL NOT WORK ON A MAC MACHINE.