This narrative unit can be used to teach the writing process or for a narrative piece that you want students to take through the writing process!
This product includes:
- Prewriting/brainstorming timeline to organize thoughts
-Brainstorm and organize thoughts
- Organizers to help students include supporting details (I have student sketch a picture in the box and then use a post-it note to write their thoughts/answers for this organizer)
- Rough draft template for 2 paragraphs with picture box
- Editing checklist---great for partner editing!
- 3 differentiated publishing pages!
The product addresses these Common Core Writing standards:
Write narratives in which they recount two or more appropriately sequenced events, include some details regarding what happened, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide some sense of closure.
With guidance and support from adults, focus on a topic, respond to questions and suggestions from peers, and add details to strengthen writing as needed.
Write narratives in which they recount a well-elaborated event or short sequence of events, include details to describe actions, thoughts, and feelings, use temporal words to signal event order, and provide a sense of closure.
With guidance and support from adults and peers, focus on a topic and strengthen writing as needed by revising and editing.
Write narratives to develop real or imagined experiences or events using effective technique, descriptive details, and clear event sequences.
With guidance and support from peers and adults, develop and strengthen writing as needed by planning, revising, and editing. (Editing for conventions should demonstrate command of Language standards 1-3 up to and including grade 3 here.)