A package of 9 task cards on comparison rhetorical devices.
This resource includes exercises on:
- Comparing two unlike things
- Forming rhetorical statements
- Completing the analogy
- Identifying what is exaggerated
- Demonstrating comparison devices knowledge in writing
- Determining simile or metaphor
Teachers can use these task cards to enhance the vocabulary, reading, language, reading, and writing skills of the learners.
Here are some other possible uses for these in your classroom:
- To challenge early finishers
- For effective tutoring
- As ESL stations and sub tubs
- As holiday work and homework
- For small group collaborations
- For an end of unit assessments
- For reinforcement and enrichment
This is what teachers say about these resources:
- WRITING BUNDLE-LESSON PLANS: Great resource to always have! Really helped to raise the rigor of my lessons! – Cheri Reynolds
- DIALOGUE WRITING: This was easy to use. It helped my students to review and fix the errors they were making in their writing. –Beth G.
- CAPITALIZATION RULES: The perfect visual to help students remember to use capitalization while writing. – Mary Z.
- ACTIVE VERBS: This is a great resource to include in the binders for future resources. - Patricia O.
- FICTIONAL STORY WRITING: A great resource for students to practice writing during center. - Jamie S.
- NOUN PHRASES: This product was helpful for my ELD students! – Rae E.
- PLAY-SCRIPT WRITING: Can't wait to use this when I get back. Just love the approach to learning script writing skills. – Kathryn A.
- HOMOPHONES-HOMONYMS-HOMOGRAPHS: Very excited about using this in my intensive reading classes. – Tammye G.
- FIRST-AID: Great resource for first aid presentations. I'll be using this with my class. - Jackie Malley
- COMPOUND-COMPLEX SENTENCES: These task cards were perfect test practice! - Michelle P.
- PUNCTUATION WORKSHEETS: I found the variety of options to be useful,… I have used it to complement the areas of focus in my lessons. - Dianne P.
- SUBJECT-VERB AGREEMENT: I have used this resource several times already. –Jean C.
- OXYMORON: This is great. I can't wait to use it with my ESOL students. - Rebecca D.
- SEVEN AGES OF MAN: This was perfect use of imagery and words. It helped even my weaker 6th graders understand the message of the poem and complete an activity on their own. - Amy B.
- PREPOSITION TYPES HANDOUT: My students loved this poster. - Patricia O.
- PLAY-SCRIPT PRESENTATION: This looks awesome! I am excited to use it with my advanced theater class this year! - Kimberly R.
- THE HIGHWAYMAN POEM ANALYSIS: AWESOME resource! I highly recommend this product! – Samantha L.
- STORY ANALYSIS HANDOUTS BUNDLE: Looking forward to using this extensively in all levels of my classes. - Olivia Fulmer.
- STORY ANALYSIS LESSONS AND RESOURCES BUNDLE: I'm using this for the English II short story unit. - Olivia Fulmer
Customer Tips: How to get TPT credit to use for future purchases
- Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to log in). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.
- Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
- I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
- Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a FOLLOWER. You will now receive email updates about this store. Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches.
Find Me Here: