What is more fun then making your own airplanes and throwing them in class? This NGSS Standards based Unit will engage the most hard to excite student.
This 5-day lesson plan is an all-inclusive unit that will engage your students and help them understand the scientific process as well as flight science.
1. Unit overview. This overview describes the NGSS Standards met, a complete description of activities, teacher notes, as well as add-ons to enhance the lessons.
2. 5 individual 60-minute lesson plans. Each lesson includes a science and language objective, a "bell ringer" activity and lesson reflection, quiz or assessment.
3. 5 days of presentation notes. These notes are made to be shown to the students and include instructions in English (translated into Spanish), and pictures. The notes match directly with the lesson plans and students worksheets.
4. Student Worksheets. These worksheets will help students follow the unit pacing, provide a place to compile notes as well as give them a place to demonstrate their understanding of concepts.
5. Pre- and Post-Assessments: Compare pre- and post scores to gauge what your students have learned and to help identify mis-conceptions.
6: Student Quizzes: These informal assessment will help students understand how their learning is progressing as well serve as an indicator to the teacher as to how students are performing.