Get a full picture of your students' reading comprehension with this complete Independent Novel Study Assignment.
Use to suit your needs! Can be handed out in full for students to work through at their own pace, or can be used one section at a time for direct/guided instruction.
Can also accompany an Oral presentation, or just as a Reading & Writing mark.
Can be used for ANY fiction text (i.e. a book of their choosing or to respond to Literature Circle texts)
This assignment includes the following 4 parts:
- Part One: All About my Book (summarize key points)
- Part Two: Vocabulary (select and define vocabulary)
- Part Three: Important Passages (select passages and explain their importance)
- Part Four: Making Connections (make and explain connections to text)
- Part Five: Reading Response Journals (respond to a choice of journal prompts that
promote deeper thinking about a fiction text)