Writer's Workshop is a fabulous way to differentiate your teaching, build a classroom community, engage and motivate even the most reluctant students and incorporate your Common Core ELA standards while creating lifelong writers! Sound perfect?
As a facilitator of Writer's Workshop staff development nation-wide, I know that one of the hardest things about implementing Writer's Workshop is finding the time to plan quality units that fit you and your students.
This first unit will help you 'launch' your year and get your workshop up and running smoothly. By the end of the unit, ask yourself, "Is this how I want my Writer's Workshop to run all year?"
Included in this unit, you will find:
1. An overview of Writer's Workshop
*Writer's Workshop components
2. Tips & Tidbits on how to Launch WW
3. A suggested writing curriculum calendar for the year (check back throughout the year for ALL the units)
4. List of CCSS covered in the unit
5. 30 daily mini-lessons- including:
*Materials needed for the lesson
*Clear & concise teaching point
*Essential Question AND "I Can" statement
*Reminders/ Suggestions for Conferencing, Mid-Workshop Interruption & the Teaching Share
*Sample anchor charts
(ALL have suggested language to help you get started but you can & should make it your own!)
6. Sample letter to parents
7. Pre- and post- assessment for student writers and forms for the teacher to record assessment notes
8. Suggested read-alouds & mentor texts
9. Student reflection sheet
11. Other possible teaching points for the unit
12. Two conference sheets and suggestions for using them
13. Developmentally appropriate paper for student use
This is an ALL-INCLUSIVE unit that can be used by any teacher but still gives you the flexibility to be the instructional facilitator in your classroom- just as a workshop model should.
Please ask any questions before purchasing. Don't forget to rate this product to earn credits for future TpT purchases!
If you like this resource, look for future units!
Also, look for additional resources at my website:
and LIKE my FB page: