This product is a curriculum integration tool incorporating music, history, math and writing for 2-5th. The lesson is built around students learning some facts about Dvorak, identifying and singing a musical theme with original fun lyrics and writing creative narratives.
Music vocabulary words are used. Math principles may be applied through the use of rhythm patterns.
An easy Orff arrangement is provided. Two Writing Prompts for 2nd – 5th are included, emphasizing the common core standards in writing. An easy Word Search puzzle with music vocabulary words is also included.
• Original fun lyrics to the tune of “Largo from the ‘New World Symphony’” (Melody line with chordal accompaniment)
• Song Sheet (lyrics only)
• Teaching Suggestions
• Fact sheet
• Common Core standards for 2nd-5th writing as appropriate to this lesson
• 2 Writing prompts
• Word Search Puzzle
• Rhythm patterns (used in Orff arrangement)
• Orff arrangement using the following instruments:
o Soprano Recorder
o Sop. Glockenspiel
o Bass Xylophone
o Tone Chimes/Resonator Bells
o Snare Drum
Age Appropriate for:
Other COMPOSER ACTIVITIES products:
I would appreciate your rating this product! Thanks!
Remember to collect your TPT CREDITS to use on future purchases!
· Log in to your Teachers Pay Teachers account.
· Click on the drop down menu “My TpT”
· Select “My Purchases”
· Click on “Paid Purchases”
· Click on Item purchased
· Click on “Provide Feedback”
· Choose ratings and leave feedback
If you have any questions, please contact me!
Credits for Dvorak may be taken from one or more of these resources:
Portrait of Dvorak: Courtesy of Public Domain
© Joyful Music