This package be all you need help students understand the concept and spelling of common contractions. Students enjoy the variety and I've found it to be a very successful program.
1. Two posters to introduce the concept. Use them as information sheets for the right side of the notebook page and have children take notes and use examples on the left. I have also printed them as large posters to be displayed in the classroom and used for easy reference. Leave them on display, so students can use for reference when writing and editing.
2. 6 pages of "foldable" words. When they are folded, students have made contractions.This physical task seems very effective for understanding and remembering.
3. 23 pages (92 examples) of contractions for students to either contract or expand
4. 5 Cloze Reading Sheets, for students to insert the correct contraction in sentences
6. 10 task cards of matching words to contractions, then tracing te doted contraction to elp recall spelling
6. I Have, Who Has Card Game for Contractions., (of course!)
These are all the commonly used contractions. You can introduce with a discussion, give practice and they'll provide a solid basis.
I have also Grammar Lesson Cards
Grammar Lesson Cards
Punctuation Lesson POSTERS