Have your students apply their understanding of CONVERTING CUSTOMARY UNITS OF MEASURE with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity. These 3 activities include over 30 questions
to allow for fluency skills practice on this topic. Be sure to download the sample for a full overview of what you get.
1. Convert Measurement Units MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their understanding of converting customary units of measure. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
2. Convert Measurement Units RIDDLE
Students covert customary measurement units and use their answers to solve the riddle.
3. Convert Measurement Units COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to convert customary units of measure. Students use their answers to color the picture.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice converting customary units of measure while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test.
This resource is included in my Convert Customary Units of Measure UNIT RESOURCES BUNDLE!
✔ Customary Conversions (including length, weight and capacity)
✔ Convert Larger Units to Smaller Units
✔ Convert Smaller Units to Larger Units
This resource is included in my:
* 6th Grade Math MAZES, RIDDLES AND COLORING ACTIVITIES
* 6th Grade Math MEGA-BUNDLE
Common Core Alignment:
* 5.MD.1 Convert among different-sized standard measurement units within a given measurement system...
* 6.RP.3 Use ratio and rate reasoning to solve real-world and mathematical problems, e.g., by reasoning about tables of equivalent ratios, tape diagrams, double number line diagrams, or equations.
* 6.RP.3d Use ratio reasoning to convert measurement units; manipulate and transform units appropriately when multiplying or dividing quantities.
More CONVERTING MEASUREMENT UNITS Resources:
* Converting METRIC Units of Measurement MAZE, RIDDLE & COLORING PAGE
* Convert Customary Units of Measure PROBLEM SOLVING GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
* Convert Customary Units of Measure MAZE, RIDDLE & COLORING PAGE
* Convert Customary Units of Measure TASK CARDS
If you would like to get updates on NEW and CURRENT resources...
FOLLOW the Exceeding the Core BLOG
FOLLOW me on Teachers Pay Teachers!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest!
FOLLOW me on Facebook!
© Exceeding the CORE. All rights reserved. Please note - this resource is for use by one teacher only. Additional teachers must purchase their own license. Copying, editing, selling, redistributing, or posting any part of this product on the internet is strictly forbidden. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.