Also included in
- The Social Emotional Learning Card Game Bundle, now in both printable AND digital formats, consists of 10 different SEL games. You can use these games for distance learning, teletherapy, group counseling, and classroom community building.Topics Include:* Growth Mindset* Self-Esteem* Coping Tools* F$25.00$50.00Save $25.00
- This Self-Regulation Coping Skills Bundle will help to teach young people coping skills and self-regulation strategies. This coping skills toolkit is perfect for your SEL (Social Emotional Learning) Curriculum, Trauma Sensitive Classrooms, Calm Corner, individual and group counseling sessions, and$28.00$49.25Save $21.25
- This Ultimate Social Emotional Learning Game Bundle, now in both printable AND digital formats, consists of 20 different SEL games. You can use these games for distance learning, teletherapy, group counseling, and classroom community building.Topics Include:* Growth Mindset* Self-Esteem* Coping Tool$50.00$100.00Save $50.00
- This social emotional learning mega bundle contains many of WholeHearted School Counseling's SEL games and activities to help children learn, practice, and develop coping skills, self-regulation, social skills, and self-esteem. This SEL Bundle contains some of WholeHearted's top selling resources.$185.00$301.25Save $116.25
- This growing bundle includes all of WholeHearted Resources at a 50% discount....until 400 paid products have been added in total. As a growing bundle, it means that the price will increase each time that I add a new product, until I reach the cap at 400 paid products. Once the maximum of 400 produ$265.50$531.00Save $265.50
The Coping Tools Game, now in both digital and printable formats, helps students build mindful coping skills.
Now Available in Google Slides™ Digital Format for Distance Learning!
This Coping Skills game is now offered in Google Slides™! You can use this interactive game during teletherapy and virtual small groups. The object of the Coping Tools Connect Game is to be the first person or team to get 4 (or 5) in a row!
For a Free "Sample Example" of how the digital game works, please download my Conversation Starter Connect Game!
Ways to Use The Coping Tools Card and Connect Game:
✏️In Individual + Small Groups for Social Emotional Learning Support and Skills Practice
️✏️In Individual Counseling Sessions as an Assessment Tool. Plus, the actual act of playing provides insight into children's social skills, decision-making process, frustration tolerance, level of respect for rules & boundaries, and problem-solving abilities.
️✏️Community and relationship building classroom group activity
️✏️Fun for Family Game Night!
✔ The Coping Tools Connect Game on Google Slides™
✔ TWO sets of The Coping Tools Card Game: in both color AND black and white! So if you don't have access to a color printer, no problem! You can download and print in black and white too! Instead of color, players match up cards with shapes!
✔ Detailed Game Directions
✔ Tips on how to use the Card Game as a Therapeutic Intervention
✔ Over 75 Questions & Prompts
✔ Action Cards
✔ Pass Tickets
How to Play The Digital Coping Tools Connect Game
Taking turns, players/teams choose a number based on the spot they would like to place their pawn. Then answer the corresponding question/prompt. Move game pawn to cover the number just answered. Players continue to take turns answering questions/prompts and moving their pawn pieces until the first player/team has completed a vertical, horizontal, or diagonal line of either 4 or 5 in a row.
How to Play The Printable Coping Tools Card Game
In the spirit of other popular shedding-type card games, the player to get rid of all their cards first by wins. Players try to "match" the top card in the discard pile, by either laying down the same number, color (or shape, if using the black & white set), or type of action card. If the card contains a question or prompt, that player shares their response. The player may choose to decline responding by using 1 of their 2 Pass Tickets. Actions cards add fun twists and turns to the game. Actions include:
➔ TAKE 3: The next person in line must take 3 cards before taking their turn.
➔ ROTATE RIGHT / ROTATE LEFT: All players pass on, or "rotate," their cards to either the left or right, so that everyone exchanges hands with each other.
➔ GO AGAIN: Player gets to "go again," gaining an additional turn.
➔ FREE!: Player who discards a FREE card is "free" to choose a new color (or shape) for the discard pile and then discard an additional card based on the color (or shape) they changed it to.
➔ FREE + SPY!: Player who discards a FREE+SPY card can spy on one player by peeking at their cards and then is "free" to choose a new color (or shape) for the discard pile and then discard an additional card based on the color (or shape) they changed it to.
Why Teach Coping Skills:
As we know, life can get tough. The more we can support young people to develop healthy ways to relate to uncomfortable feelings and challenging situations, the more they are likely to improve their self-esteem, build a strong internal locus of control, be more ready to learn in the classroom and get along with others, focus at school, find healthy solutions to problems, and step into their awesome and amazing power! Plus, we know that play is the language of children, so what better way to help young people reinforce their coping skills than through a game, too?!