This two-day lesson on drawing through costume design is focused on circus performers (Cirque de Soleil style) and their unusual costumes. Suitable for students in grades 4 to 9, the product is broken down for two class periods, although it could be used for a one day exploration of the subject. Students in art classes, drama, and gifted students love this lesson.
Students learn about:
• The History of Costume Design
• The Rationale for Teaching Costume Design
• Costume Notes for Students
• Materials List
• Source & Video link list
• A Warm-UP—engaging and creative
• Circus Performer list & skills
• Two Assignments--one drawing and one creative writing
• Student Examples
This is a guaranteed winner from an award winning veteran drama teacher. Enjoy!
For more products of mine, go to: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Dramamommaspeaks
or my blog at www.Dramamommaspeaks.com