This download is made with the non-reader in mind. Students play the classic CRAZY 8’S card game while practicing correct production of the /S/ blends in all position of words. Great for individual or group therapy. It includes one game set to target /S/ blend production while playing the card game of CRAZY 8’S. This card set would be used in place of the original CRAZY 8’S game cards. They are look alike colored CRAZY 8’S cards with pictured /S/ blend words super imposed on each card. Students are asked to say the item pictured each time they take their turn while playing the game. You can increase the complexity of the task by asking student to use the word in sentences. Also included in this download is:
• Directions for game play
• A list of the target words used in order to help the speech language therapist identify the pictured items if necessary.
• A title sheet that can be used as a label for the Ziploc bag that the cards can be stored in
2 to 6 players
• Print the picture cards (pages 4-15) on cardstock and laminate for durability.
• 48 picture cards are used to play “CRAZY 8’S”.
• Shuffle the 48 picture cards in the deck.
• Once the cards are shuffled, the dealer should deal 5 cards to each player keeping the cards facedown. Place the rest of the deck in the center of the table in a draw pile and turn over the top card. This will be the discard pile. If this card happens to be a “Crazy 8” card, put the “Crazy 8” card at the bottom of the draw pile and turn over another card.
Playing The Game:
All players may look at their cards.
Begin playing by having the person sitting to the left of the dealer look at the discard pile and match a card by either color or number. As each player places a card on the discard pile he/she will SAY the TARGET WORD pictured on the card aloud. (Students can also be asked to use the word in a sentence if deemed appropriate.) The next person will look at the discard pile and play a card based on the color or number and SAY the TARGET WORD pictured on the card aloud.
All “Crazy 8” cards are wild and can be played on any card. The person putting down a “Crazy 8” card can specify another color and then play resumes. The player who plays the “Crazy 8” card must name all the items pictured on the card before indicating the new color.
A player who cannot match a color or number has to pick up a card from the draw pile until a color or number needed is drawn.
The first player to get rid of all their cards is the winner!!!
basket, spoon, store, slide, swing, strawberry, stool , spaghetti, snowman, skunk, snake,
sweater, sled, scarf, sneakers, stove, spider, scarecrow, storm, star, stem, sponge, smile,
spill, skate, swan, squirrel, sweep, story, snail, swim, basketball, spinach, smell, slippers, ski,
skeleton, skirt, starfish, stone, stop sign, stairs, stick, sports, spool, school bus, skateboard, snowmobile
** If you choose to download this product, please leave a rating and feedback and earn TPT credit!! **