After receiving such great feedback from our first Create-A-Story product featuring vocalic /R/ words, we decided to make two more products!! We now have all three products available in one of our 30% off the posted price bundles. If you were to buy all three separately, the total price would be $18.50. This 30% off bundled priced make the cost only $12.95 for all three.
These Create-A-Stories are perfect for targeting later developing speech sounds at the carryover level. Students in middle or high school would find them fun and beneficial for working on their speech sounds beyond the word level.
Here are the directions for our Create-A-Story products.
1) The student is asked to look at the illustrated word bank for each later speech sound word and to create a story using them. Every page has 12 word choices. And a page for the initial, medial and final position of words are all provided. It's fun and also helpful to encourage the student to use all 12 words in their story! Cute and creative stories usually result from making this attempt!
2) Next, ask the student to use the illustration box to create a picture representing the story.
3) After that, the student can write out their story and to also give their story a title. Writing lines are provided on each page for this part of the exercise.
4) Then, have the student read their story aloud and to attempt good practice of their later speech sounds in words as they read it.
5) Finally, encourage the student to bring the story home and to read it to their caregivers for continued practice of their later speech sounds in words at the carryover level.
If you would like to look at individual previews or just buy one of these products, please click on the hyperlink below:
Speech Therapy Carryover: VOCALIC /R/ CREATE-A-STORY
Speech Therapy Carryover: CREATE-A-STORY FOR /CH/, /L/, /S/, /SH/, & /TH/ Words
Speech Tx Carryover: CREATE-A-STORY FOR /L/, /R/, & /S/ blends
We sincerely hope that this document exceeds your expectations and we welcome any and all comments and feedback here at TPT or sent via email. We can be reached at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much for stopping by our Twin Speech, Language & Literacy TPT shop today. We wish you all well and appreciate your support very much!
Shanda Gaunt, M.S. CCC-SLP
Manda Riebel, M.A. CCC-SLP
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC
Come visit us over at our blog! We always have fun reviews and giveaways going on and we work hard to provide useful information on the subjects of speech, language and literacy for everyone!
Twin Speech, Language & Literacy LLC Blog