CREATE CHARACTERS to use in their own COMIC STRIP
Made for high school/middle school students with special needs or ESL students (could also be fun for lower grades)
Bargain Price for this packet!
• Common Core aligned Lesson Plan included along with Teacher Script=less planning time for teacher
• 60 FUN and descriptive WORDS provided
• Students will chose a short list (shuffled in a box) to INSPIRE creativity in creating their character
• Guiding Questions, Prompting Questions Template, Paragraph Planning Template, and Paragraph Writing Template support students in writing about their character
I have included Model Samples for the Templates so students have a clear example to follow and less work for the teacher!
• Paired Group Project with Rubric and self-evaluation sheets
• Students work in groups to WRITE their own COMIC STRIP using the characters they created
• COMIC STRIP Brainstorm sheet, Comic Strip Template and model comic strip will help guide students in writing their comics with greater independence
• Research has shown that students benefit from using multiple modes and genres of writing, such as comics!
Check out products by Differentiated Fun, lessons that are age appropriate and fun for students with special needs and ELL learners!