CREATIVE HUMOROUS POETRY for READING and WRITING
POETRY JUBILEE has great poetry ideas
POETRY POWER: tips, plans and tools for teaching poetry
with 15 different poetry writing formats.
Poetry writing examples:
free verse to rhymed verse;
serious poems about nature to
humorous poems to make kids laugh.
Your feedback is very important to us. Thank you so much.
• 17 original humorous poems
written by Linda Schwartz, ideal to read aloud, with suggested ways to use them.
• Poems in full color
to laminate and display.
• Poems in black-and-white
for students to select their favorite poem, color and display.
• A list of more than one hundred forty topics for kids
to write about. Great for students who have difficulty getting started with topics: Mammals, Reptiles, Amphibians, Insects, Nature, People, Things, and Places.
• A list of rhyming word families
to help write poems that rhyme.
Poetry Jubilee Contents
1. Let’s Write a Poem – Directions and Examples
2. – 15. Write an All About Me Poem, a Couplet, Poem Using Alliteration, Using Similes, a Lantern Poem, an ABC Poem, a Shape Poem, a Weather Poem, a Color Poem, a Backward Poem, a List Poem, Bad Hair Night Poem, a Poem Using Personification, a Humorous Poem, an Echoic Poem
My Bedroom’s a Mess and Other Humorous Poems for Kids: Poems in Color
18. Suggestions on How to Use the Poems
19. Poem: Playing Hooky
20. Poem: My Dog Can Do Math
21. Poem: How to Catch a Crocodile
22. Poem: My Bedroom’s a Mess
23. Poem: Dr. Tuna Fish
24. Poem: Ants at a Picnic
25. Poem: Our Magical Family
26. Poem: The Human Dishwasher
27. Poem: Naughty Dog
28. Poem: Mom is on a Diet
29. Poem: Ted’s Atrocious Table Manners
30. Poem: My New Baby Sister Came Home Today
31. Poem: Ketchup Woes
32. Poem: The Creepy Spider
33. Poem: Back-to-School Night
34. Poem: The Film Critics
35.-50. Poems in Black-and-White for Coloring
51. Poetry Topics to Get You Started
52. Suggestions on How to Use Poetry Topics
53. - 60 Write a Poem About a Mammal, a Reptile or an Amphibian, an Insect, About Nature, a Thing, a Person, a Place, and a Feeling or an Emotion
61. Rhyming Words for Poets
62. Suggestions on How to Use the Rhyming Lists
63. - 73. Include lists of words ending in –ab, –ack, –ag, –ake–all, –am, –an, –ank –ap, –ash, -at, –ate, -ay, –eak, –ear, –eat, –ed ,–end, –et, –ick, –ig, –est, –ill, –in, –ing, –ink, –ip, –it, –ob, –ock, –og, –op, –ot, –y, –ug, –un, –unk, –ut
74. Student Poetry Award
♥ ♥ ♥ Always, samples of BEST SELLING and NEW products ♥ ♥ ♥
Enjoy, Jean VanDerford
Teaching and Learning are Fun with Creative and Engaging Activities
© Linda Schwartz and Jean VanDerford for Teaching Stuff Place
Art by Corbin Hillam: corbinhillamdesign.weebly.com
Click here for other books I’ve written with my friend and co-author, Linda Schwartz.
MORE QUALITY PRODUCTS for WRITING
Click here for My Bedrooms a Mess and other Humorous Poems
for poems only.
Writing Prompts for Wacky and Special Celebrations add a twist to normal writing prompts. Students write to prompts for Wacky and Special Celebrations using word banks for creative writing inspiration.
< The Entire Year of Writing Prompts for Wacky and Special Celebrations….BUNDLE
Click here to SAVE: Writing Prompts for Wacky and Special Celebrations BUNDLE
(a set of all four books) $19.00 You save $5.00!
Click here for January, February, March
Click here for April-May-June
Click here for July-August-September
Click here for October, November, December
Our goal is to make learning fun for kids. ♥ ♥ ♥
As always, we welcome your feedback and comments.
Please take time to review POETRY JUBILEE
and add your name to our followers.
Click here for MORE Teaching Stuff Place by Jean VanDerford
NEWEST PRODUCTS with SKILLS IN FUN FORMATS
♥ ♥ ♥ Please click here to check out NEW PRODUCTS in my SHOP ♥ ♥ ♥
at Teaching Stuff Place
LOOK FOR . . . ACTIVITIES . . . VOCABULARY . . . from Teaching Stuff Place
Grammar. . . adjectives, adverbs, conjunctions, verbs, nouns, pronouns, sentences
Language . . . ABC order, writing prompts, figurative, test prep, following directions
Language . . . contractions, compounds, abbreviations, proofing, synonyms, antonyms
Math Problems . . . add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculators, word problems
Math Areas . . . number patterns, fractions, shapes, money, time, place value
Formats . . . designs, riddles, puzzles, task cards, Scoot, worksheets, lists, FLIPS
Themes . . . space, monsters, superheroes, dinosaurs, dragons, animals, fairy tales, plants
Seasons and Holidays . . . Halloween, Thanksgiving, Winter, Valentine Day, Spring, Summer