These Starters can be used in the Classroom to:
1. Prepare for new learning,
2. Revisit and practise important skills,
3. Consolidate knowledge from or make links with previous lessons (bridging) and assist memorisation.
4. Enable pupils to get a better grasp on each return to an idea or concept.
5. Make constructive use of time while pupils shift between one intensive activity and another, or when a disruption unsettles a class and they need to ease quickly back into productive work.
Because of their short duration:
1. They are particularly useful for "little and often" revisiting of key words and concepts;
2. They are useful as "brain-break activities";
3. They contribute to engagement by offering a sense of fun;
4. They whether competitive or collaborative, often have the feel of a game.