Products in this Bundle (7)
showing 1-5 of 7 products
This 3-week writing bundle features mini-lessons, writing activities, daily prompts, handouts, anchor charts and grammar worksheets to use in the middle school or high school ELA classroom. Also included is a study guide for Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing - a great text for secondary students!
50+ WRITING PROMPTS WITH INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES
ACCOMPANYING LITERATURE AND STUDY GUIDES
PRACTICE WORKSHEETS AND ANSWER KEYS
⚡️⚡️⚡️ OVER 25% IN DISCOUNTS! ⚡️⚡️⚡️
This ULTIMATE THREE-WEEK Creative Writing Unit featuring the following resources:
Assist your students with creating setting and adding descriptive elements to their creative and narrative writing! Distribute the ready-to-print handout in this resource and read through the information together as a class, or use these resources as classroom posters. Have students mimic the "Zoom Method" demonstrated in this resource to write a passage illustrating any setting - the classroom, their bedroom, or a space in their imagination. Use the Scaffolding Practice Sheets included to guide students through the proper application of the "Zoom Method." This method can be applied to any descriptive piece!
SET OF 3 | Creative Writing | Kinetic and Engaging Interactive Activities
Get your students moving, writing, creating and sharing with this set of THREE Creative Writing Interactive Activities! Tap into creative potential and overcome writer's block using the "Sentence Starter" Interactive Activity. Nourish students' ideas using the "Word Association" Activity, inspired by Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing. Model and practice proper integration of dialogue using the "Building Dialogue" Interactive game.
Promote close reading and accountability in your classroom with these chapter-by-chapter Bell Ringers! Celebrated author Ray Bradbury discusses creativity, authenticity and the writing process in "Zen in the Art of Writing." Fall into Bradbury's world, as he captivates you with the musings behind Fahrenheit 451, The Lake, The Martian Chronicles and other award-winning texts.
A GREAT resource for AP Language and Composition! I instructed my AP Lang and Comp students read Bradbury's amazing text to improve their own compositions, as well as to analyze the rhetorical choices of other authors we studied in class.
Keywords have been bolded to guide students through new and familiar terms (many of which are applicable to the AP Lang & Comp course and exam!)
An activity inspired by Ray Bradbury's Zen in the Art of Writing. Overcome Writer's Block, Inspire Ideas and Cultivate Student Creativity! Cut the following phrases and words into slips. Fold the slips, and have students select them at random. Instruct students to use the word or phrase as a title or as inspiration to write a short piece. It can be in any style they wish – poem, narrative, dialogue, etc.
Provide your students Writing Journals and have them work through each Writing Prompt day-by-day using the scaffolding worksheets provided. Or, offer students the opportunity to select a new Writing Prompt, Sentence Starter or Word Association at their own will, using the resources included as handouts or classroom posters.
This resource will have your students flawlessly integrating dialogue into their creative narratives and other writing pieces in no time! Hand out the included resources to read together as a class, or use them as classroom posters. Use the Scaffolding Practice Sheets included to guide students through proper formatting and integration of dialogue in their writing. There are 3 days worth of grammar worksheets with associated answer keys to consolidate this activity.
This resource also includes a Creative Writing Summative Assessment and Rubric to conduct an Open Mic! Foster confidence and public speaking skills with your creative writers in your classroom using this resource! Included is a ready-to-print handout with assessment expectations outlined and a four-level rubric in the following areas: Knowledge, Inquiry, Communication and Application.
⭐ Customer Tip! ⭐
Want FREE CREDIT to go towards purchases? Make sure to offer feedback for your downloads! Follow these instructions below:
- Go to your "My Purchases" page to find a "Provide Feedback" button next to each download.
- Follow this link to offer a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases!
- Your feedback is important to me as it helps me to continually improve my products and ensure they are meeting your needs!
You might also be interested in...
- The THESIS STATEMENT CHECKLIST | Bookmark-Style Thesis Statement Anchor Chart
- The THESIS STATEMENT PRACTICE BELL RINGERS | One Month's Worth of Daily Practice
- The THESIS STATEMENT Handout and Mini Lesson | Handouts, Worksheets + Checklist
- RESEARCH SYNTHESIS ESSAY Fill-in-the-Blank MADLIB INTRODUCTION PARAGRAPH outline
- The RESEARCH SYNTHESIS ESSAY: An Introductory Lesson | Guided Note & Handouts
- MEGA BUNDLE: High School LITERACY Unit | OLC / OSSLT Prep Lessons, Worksheets
- Writing INFORMATIONAL TEXTS | Complete OUTLINE, ASSESSMENT AND RUBRIC
- Making PREDICTIONS Literacy Mini Lesson ft. Pamphlet on Substance Abuse
- Making INFERENCES Literacy Mini-Lesson ft. Greta Thunberg Article and Worksheets
- Two Summarizing Frameworks | PARTS OF A NARRATIVE TEXT Lessons w/ Worksheets
- AP Language and Composition BUNDLE | Rhetoric, Arguments, Expository and MORE!
- Developing Main Points BUNDLE | 3 Interactive Lessons with Assessment Included
- WRITING A NEWS ARTICLE Template, Interactive Lesson and Scaffolding Worksheets
- Joseph Campbell's HERO'S JOURNEY Assignment w/ Scaffolding Worksheets & Rubric
- Collaborative WORD WALL | RHETORICAL DEVICES Activity
- SET OF 5 Kinetic, Stimulating & Energizing BRAIN PRIMERS (Monday - Friday)
- Growth Mindset STUDENT PLANNER / CALENDAR
Follow me! Be the first to know about product launches, sales, discounts and free giveaways:
For questions, collaborations or other concerns:
✉ Contact me: email@example.com