- Google Apps™
Also included in
- PHILOSOPHY | PHILOSOPHY GOOGLE SLIDES | SOCRATESDiscounted by 30% PHILOSOPHY BITES are small sections of philosophical texts.The idea for these assignments was suggested to me by a colleague. During my lectures to first-year University students, I often attempt to do too much during class and thePrice $15.05Original Price $21.50Save $6.45
- PLATO'S CAVE ALLEGORY, APOLOGY, AND THEAETETUS | THE CRUCIBLE | THE CRUCIBLE ESSAY ALTERNATIVE❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 30% ❤️❤️✺ PLATO'S CAVE ALLEGORY | CRITICAL THINKING LECTURETHE ALLEGORY OF THE CAVEThe Cave Allegory is one of the most famous passages of philosophy, and I think all students should study itPrice $20.30Original Price $29.00Save $8.70
- PLATO'S CAVE ALLEGORY, APOLOGY, AND THEAETETUS | HAMLET | THE CRUCIBLE ESSAY ALTERNATIVE❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 30% ❤️❤️✺ PLATO'S CAVE ALLEGORY | CRITICAL THINKING LECTURETHE ALLEGORY OF THE CAVEThe Cave Allegory is one of the most famous passages of philosophy, and I think all students should study it sometPrice $20.13Original Price $28.75Save $8.62
- THE GIVER | THE GIVER & PHILOSOPHY BUNDLE | THE GIVER ACTIVITIES⭐⭐ 30% OFF ⭐⭐Are you looking for different and challenging ideas when teaching THE GIVER? This bundle is it!! These assignments will test your students’ writing and editing skills, but also reveal their ability to analyze the morePrice $8.75Original Price $12.50Save $3.75
- THE OUTSIDERS | THE OUTSIDERS & PHILOSOPHY BUNDLE | THE OUTSIDERS ACTIVITIES⭐⭐ 30% OFF ⭐⭐Are you looking for different and challenging ideas when teaching THE OUTSIDERS? This bundle is it!! These assignments will test your students’ writing and editing skills, but also reveal their ability to aPrice $8.75Original Price $12.50Save $3.75
CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITIES | PHILOSOPHY | SOCRATES AS GADFLY COMPREHENSIVE EDITION
PHILOSOPHY BITES are small sections of philosophical texts.
THIS PRODUCT ASSISTS IN DIFFERENTIATION OF INSTRUCTION TO SUPPORT DIVERSE LEARNING NEEDS.
This product may be used as homework or classwork, individual or group work, and even as seminar or debate preparation. They are sub ready and there is no prep needed!
- This particular passage focuses on PLATO'S APOLOGY.
- This lesson can be stand-alone or it could be used alongside a number of novels.
- This product tests reading comprehension!
INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
⛎ 31 STUDENT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!
⛎ FOUR SHORT PARAGRAPHS from Plato’s Apology.
⛎ A breakdown of sentence by sentence with writing prompts. There are a total of 18 questions and answers.
⛎ The three other paragraphs have AP style/Common Core aligned questions. There are 13 MORE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS for these paragraphs.
⛎ Instructions for students on how to engage in close textual analysis.
⛎ A link to the questions for students to use interactively through Classroom™ or other online programs.
⛎ Instructions for students when using the interactive version.
⛎ Information on Google Slides™ for teachers and students.
⛎A small amount of information on Socrates, the Apology, and political philosophy
The idea for these assignments was suggested to me by a colleague. During my lectures to first-year University students, I often attempt to do too much during class and the students become confused and frustrated. He reminded me of a quotation from Virginia Woolf:
“I should never be able to fulfill what is, I understand, the first duty of a lecturer – to hand you after an hour's discourse a nugget of pure truth to wrap up between the pages of your notebooks and keep on the mantelpiece forever.”
The sections of text in PHILOSOPHY BITES are challenging yet accessible and are a great way to introduce students to philosophical concepts. I have created these PHILOSOPHY BITES as a way to help students engage in critical thinking and to introduce them to close textual analysis.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom.
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.