Also included in
- CRITICAL THINKING | DILEMMA ONE SHEET GROWING BUNDLE | DISTANCE LEARNING❤️❤️ DISCOUNTED BY 10% ❤️❤️TWO OF MY DILEMMAS ARE NOW READY FOR ONLINE DELIVERY AND I WILL WORK ON THE REST OVER THE COMING MONTHS.BONUS UPGRADE!! DILEMMAS ONE, FIVE, AND SEVEN ARE NOW READY TO GO FOR DISTANCE LEARNING! ALSO, THERE$49.27$54.75Save $5.48
DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#2)
Informational text, critical thinking, debate. This unit involves the case of the Siamese Twins (2000): The England and Wales Court of Appeal (Civil Division) Decisions and asks the question: Is killing one child to save another morally permissible?
My DILEMMA ONE SHEETS work well as group projects or individual activities, last-minute sub plans or stand-alone lessons, but they are also an excellent supplement to any class focusing on ethics, law, justice, argumentative writing, and debate.
INCLUDED IN THIS UNIT ARE THE FOLLOWING:
★ A ONE SHEET DAILY DILEMMA. Traditionally one sheets are single page documents that summarize a person’s accomplishments, a product, or a film. They are sometimes used to introduce new artists and/or films. They usually contain an image or two, biographical information, and taglines. I have created these DAILY DILEMMA ONE SHEETS to help students engage in critical reasoning and to introduce them to philosophy, ethics, law, and justice. They may be used as homework or class work, individual or group work, and even as seminar or debate preparation.
★ Teacher notes – these are presented in the same one sheet format but are equivalent to three or four pages of notes. You could use the teacher notes as part of an overhead presentation. The notes include information on necessity, medical law, family law, criminal law, human rights, and the sanctity of life.
★ The student one sheet includes the following sub-headings:
WHO IS THIS CASE ABOUT?
THE APPELLATE COURT JUDGEMENT
QUESTIONS (EIGHT IN TOTAL)
Feedback on my Dilemma One Sheets:
“Sub lesson that the sub and kids thoroughly enjoyed. It has inspired me to create more of my own. Thank you for this little gem.”
“So grateful for this resource!!”
“This was apparently a perfect sub lesson for my 10th grade. So sad I missed out on it with the kids! Thanks. They had a blast with this.”
“I teach an intervention class for freshman and they loved this little lesson! Very engaging.”
• CRITICAL THINKING: DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#5) (cross-curricular, 1st Amendment)
• CRITICAL THINKING ACTIVITY: DAILY DILEMMA ONE SHEET (#3) (Ethics, Justice)
• CRITICAL THINKING: SOCRATES AND THE INSANITY DEFENSE
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
❤️ Click HERE to become a follower. You will now receive customized email updates about this store.
Copyright © jellycat-in-the-snow productions
All rights reserved by author Permission to copy for single classroom use only Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only
Please remember that any of the products that you download from my store are my copyrighted property and licensed only for you to share with your direct students. If another teacher wants to use these same products, they will need to purchase them directly from my TpT store, or you may purchase an additional license for them. None of my products may be shared online. Posting of my copyrighted materials may happen only in a password-protected environment, such as Google Classroom, and accessed only by your students. Posting on public websites (WordPress, Blogger, Facebook Groups, etc.) is strictly prohibited.
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!!