Also included in
- CRITICAL THINKING with TRIADS BUNDLE 1.0 TRIADS are fun filled vocabulary developers that engage your students in critical thinking while exercising the higher levels of Bloom’s Taxonomy – analysis, evaluation, and creation. At the same time, your students will be forming word relationships.TRIADS$8.62$10.77Save $2.15
CRITICAL THINKING with WORD RELATIONSHIPS - TRIADS I
Combine critical thinking with vocabulary development and have fun doing it with TRIADS I. Teach your students to use Bloom's upper level skills -- analysis, evaluation, and creation with TRIADS I. At the same time, they will be exploring word relationships.
The challenge in this activity is to find 1 word that can be added to each of the TRIAD words to make a well-known phrase or compound word. The common word may be added before or after the TRIAD word. For example: add GRASS to the TRIAD words blue, hopper, and crab to make blueGRASS, GRASShopper, and crabGRASS.
- 20 Triads task cards
- 10 color task cards
- 10 grayscale task cards
- 1 recording sheet master
- 1 answer key
- Reproduce the TRIADS cards on cardstock. Two sets of TRIADS are included: one set in color and one in grayscale. You may wish to print the grayscale copies on colored cardstock to give them more pizazz.
- TRIADS are great for literacy or critical thinking centers. Place the cards you wish to use at the center. I encourage my students to work collaboratively to solve the TRIADS.
- As an anchor activity, TRIADS are ideal. Train your students to attend to the TRIAD of the day as soon as they arrive each morning.
- Carry a supply of TRIADS cards with you as you travel to special classes. Use them as a sponge activity if you find you have a bit of waiting time.
- Assign your fast finishers to work on TRIADS. They will feel challenged and rewarded when they engage in this activity.
My students love to do these together. You can almost see the cogs turning inside their heads! Be sure to check out my other TRIADS products:
► Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies, and product launches. . Click here to follow my store. You will now receive customized email updates about my products.
► Get TPT credit to use on future purchases. Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Your feedback is important to me. Thank you in advance.
► Follow me on Facebook
► Follow me on Pinterest
► Follow me on Instagram
► Follow It’s About Time, Teachers blog