Nothing like a good criminal investigation to liven up language arts! In this activity, students will work in teams to investigate the culprit of six fictional thefts. The criminal has made intentional mistakes in the text and left it disarray. Students must discern correct from incorrect to preserve language arts forever! Teams will work to build a case and present their findings to the court. Hopefully they are convincing enough to win the verdict to catch the criminal.
Be the cool teacher :-)
In this 20 page document, you will be given, student handouts and six crime scene puzzles focusing on various aspects of perfect tense.
- Complete sentences using the correct form of the perfect tense
- Identify the perfect tense used in sentences
- Distinguish the past perfect, present perfect, and simple past
- Recognize errors in the perfect tense (past,present, and future)
- Identify the past perfect, present perfect, and future perfect, and whether they are singular or plural
An answer key has been added to the end of the file for your convenience.
And join our community where I post ideas, anecdotes, elaborations & every once in a while I pass out TPT gift cards! And jokes! I do jokes too!