Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Your students will love completing these CVC literacy centers! There are so many fun and diverse activities included which are all designed to help your students learn, practice and master their short vowel words. There are 12 activities included in total.
Save 25% with the bundle here:
The activities included are:
1. Spell a CVC Word – Students choose a CVC picture card and spell out the word in the box with the matching number.
2. Short Vowel Wheels – Using clothespins, students find and clip the pictures that match the short vowel sound.
3. Spin and Spell – Students spin the spinner using a pencil or paperclip and then spell the word using magnetic letters or erasable marker.
4. Match the Words – Students match the words to the pictures.
5. Word Puzzles – Students put together the picture puzzle to spell out the CVC word.
6. Word Endings – Students match the word endings to each picture.
7. Rhyming Words – Students find 2 rhyming pictures and place them on the rhyming mat. Then, they record the rhyming pair on the sheet.
8. Word Ladders – Students change a letter in each line to create the word ladders.
9. Ending Sound Mats – Students sort the pictures by their ending sound. There are mats included for ending sounds t, p, n, g, d.
10. Spin and Cover – Students spin the spinner using a pencil and paperclip and record the letters in the boxes underneath. They read the word and cover it on the mat if it is there.
11. Scrambled Sentences – Students choose a scrambled sentence card and unscramble the letters to form a sentence. They can record the sentence on the sheet provided or they can write it in their workbooks.
12. Picture Puzzles - Students match the words to the pictures. Once all the puzzle pieces are on the mat, it will reveal a secret picture.
You may also like:
♥♥♥ Follow me to be the first to hear about FREEBIES and updates ♥♥♥
♥♥♥ Earn TPT Credits when you leave feedback ♥♥♥
I welcome and appreciate any feedback, comments or suggestions.
You may also contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org