Students can practice listening for the medial vowel sound of CVC (consonant/vowel/consonant) words with this fun station activity!
1. Choose a game card.
2. Practice saying each picture and listen for the medial vowel sound.
3. If the vowel sound matches the game card's letter, then place a clip on the picture. Do this until you have found all the pictures that have a medial vowel sound with that card's letter (there are 8 correct answers on every card).
4. Flip the card around and see if the clip is on a shaded box. This is a way of self-checking!
5. Continue practicing CVC words by using the corresponding worksheet: Look at the picture and sound out all the letters in that word.
This activity includes:
- One card for each vowel (a, e, i, o, u) - Front includes pictures, Back includes answers
- 5 worksheets (one for each vowel) that includes the SAME pictures from the clip it cards. Students will have to write down the letters that spell out their picture
Don't forget to print the cards front to back so it is 2-sided.