This set includes 108 Play Doh mats with CVC words. These mats combine reading, writing and speaking skills. These mats can be used in small groups run by either a teacher, teacher's aide or parent, children will need play doh and a whiteboard marker. They can also be used as a whole class activity.
How to use:
1. Print each page and laminate for durability.
2. Make sets of mixed letters or use an individual letter set.
3. Each child has their own mat.
4. Children say the word and read the sentence.
5. Children make “snakes” using play doh and go over the big word in the middle.
6. Then using a erasable marker, children trace over the dotted words.
7. Show the teacher and re-read the sentence and word again.
8. Children clean the board off and repeat with a new board.
There are between 19 and 26 mats in each set with a total of 108 words.
© Alison Hislop 2016
Permission for Single Classroom Only