Your students can master short vowel sounds with this packet of worksheets that target each vowel and provide lots of practice differentiating vowel sounds in CVC words.
For each vowel there is an “I Can...” statement poster and 6 worksheets to practice reading and writing CVC words:
• Look at the Picture, Circle the Word
• Look at the Picture, Write the Word
• Match the Picture to the Word
• Change the Beginning and Ending Sounds to Make New Words
• Read and Draw
• Fill in the Blanks
There are also 20 pages of practice sheets for students to tie it all together, requiring them to differentiate vowel sounds when reading and writing:
- A Cut and Paste Vowel Sound Sorting Activity
- 1 Read, Write, Circle the Picture sheet
- 4 Choose the Correct Vowel
- 4 Choose the Correct Word sheets
- 4 Change the Vowel to Make a New Word sheets
- 4 Match the Picture to the Word sheets
- 2 Read and Draw sheets
- 2 Fill in the Blank sheets
Watch your kiddos gain confidence and expertise in reading and writing short vowel words!
Great for morning work, homework, extra practice, differentiating instruction for ELLs and special ed students or those who need some extra support.