This free - at word family flip books will help you teach rhyming, beginning sounds, CVC words, phoneme segmentation, and blending. The book is a perfect addition to your literacy centers in preschool, pre-k, prep, kindergarten, RTI, and SPED.
This -at word family rhyming flip book is sample of the books included in my
full set of CVC Rhyming Flip Books
The full set contains 17 CVC rhyming flip books for the following word families:
Each book contains the following pages:
- Cover page - with word family identification and name box
- 3 Word pages - (2 beginning sound flip pages and 1 full page)
- Writing Practice Page (optional*)
Each page contains an illustration and a simple sentence so that kids can read the word in context.
Bonus! When you cut the flip pages, you will cut off a set of word and picture cards (no paper is wasted in this one) that can be used in a variety of ways.
- Match the word and pictures and glue on the back of a book
- Play a matching game
- Add to a word ring
- Add to a sensory table or bin
Kids can work on the following activities with the books:
- Color the black and white images
- Read the simple sentences and see the word in context
- Find and circle the focus word in the sentence
- Discuss beginning sounds as they turn the page, change the beginning sound, and create
- Discuss rhyming and create additional rhyming words
- Use the blending dots below each letter to work on blending and phoneme segmentation.
- Trace and write each word
The books are easy to assemble and print 4 books per set.
CLICK HERE to see more CVC resources.
CLICK HERE to see more Rhyming resources.