These flip books will help you teach rhyming, beginning sounds, CVC words, phoneme segmentation, and blending. The books are a perfect addition to your literacy centers in preschool, pre-k, prep, kindergarten, RTI, and SPED.
This set contains 17 CVC rhyming flip books for the following word families:
Each book contains the following pages:
- Cover page - with word family identification and name box
- 3 Word pages - (2 beginning sound flip pages and 1 full page)
- Writing Practice Page (optional*)
Each page contains an illustration and a simple sentence so that kids can read the word in context.
Bonus! When you cut the flip pages, you will cut off a set of word and picture cards (no paper is wasted in this one) that can be used in a variety of ways.
- Match the word and pictures and glue on the back of a book
- Play a matching game
- Add to a word ring
- Add to a sensory table or bin
Kids can work on the following activities with the books:
- Color the black and white images
- Read the simple sentences and see the word in context
- Find and circle the focus word in the sentence
- Discuss beginning sounds as they turn the page, change the beginning sound, and create
- Discuss rhyming and create additional rhyming words
- Use the blending dots below each letter to work on blending and phoneme segmentation.
- Trace and write each word
The books are easy to assemble and print 4 books per set.
CLICK HERE to see more CVC resources.
CLICK HERE to see more Rhyming resources.