Scoot is a whole class or small group game that is not only fun but also great for pre-assessment. How to play:
1. A game card is placed on each student desk.
2. Each student is given a recording sheet.
3. Students select a desk to begin at.
4. Students begin by identifying the picture on the game card. They must then write the corresponding CVC word. In order to record their answer, students need to look for the number on their game card and write their answer in the same numbered box on their recording sheet.
5. Once the student has recorded their answer they stand behind their chair.
6. When the teacher shouts SCOOT each student moves to the next desk and is ready to give an answer for a new game card.
7. Play continues for as many rounds as needed (30 max)