CVC Picture and Word Phonics
In this set, you will find several sets of word families with matching pictures. This activity can work with kindergarten and first grade students and students with special needs that need picture cues.
Ways to use the picture and word cards:
1) Picture/Word Match – Place 4-6 cards on the table (3 words and 3 pictures) – Have students match the words to the pictures.
2) Memory Match – Place picture cards with the words face down on a table. Student/s flip up 2 cards. If they read the word correctly and the picture matches, they receive the card set.
3) Picture Match – Print two sets of cards and use only the pictures. Place pictures face down. Student or students play memory by trying to get the most pairs.
4) Word Match – Print two sets of cards and use only the words. Place words face down. Student or students play memory by trying to get the most pairs.
5) Rhyme Time – Create categories with the word families. Students must put all –at words (or any other word family set) into a group.