CVC word building with pictures is a fun and effective way for kindergarten and first grade students to improve phonemic awareness and phonics skills!
• Word building mats are great for literacy centers as well as independent seat work practice
• Self-checking answer key provided
• Struggling students can build the words right on the answer key mats for additional support
• Keep 4 on a sheet and use together for focused practice on one vowel sound as you teach it
• Make additional copies to cut apart into four separate cards and mix cards together for practice with all short vowel sounds
• Manipulative letters in color (differentiating vowels from consonants) and color ink-saving all-black version
Please also check out Word Sorts Galore packs and Read For Speed Fluency and Intervention Folder from Adventures in Elementary for more word study and practice.