Are you looking for a CVC word family worksheets to teach onset and rime? Would you like to find CVC word family picture sorts? Check out these hands-on resources for the short /a/ word families! Included: picture sorts, word sorts, touch and read cards, spelling, practice sheets and sentence work!
NEW Product 60% off for the first 24 hours!
CVC Picture Sorts & Word Work for the Short /a/ Word Families (PRINT Letters)
Click here to check out CVC Picture Sorts & Word Work for the Short /a/ Word Families (SASSOON Font)
- CVC Picture Sorts & Word Work (short /a/ word families)
- -ab, -ad, -ag, -am, -an, -ap, -at, -ax
- Each family has 5 color pictures (-ax has 4 pictures)
- Pictures are clear and are great for ELL students
- Each picture has a printed CVC word to match
- Word family Sorting Headers
- Sorting Mats
- Touch and Read CVC Cards
- Word Family Work (spelling)
- Practice Worksheets
- Sentence Work
- There are lots of options for sorting! Students can sort pictures only, text only, or match the text to the picture.
- Options for reading words include text only, or touch and read cards.
- Spelling the CVC words is progressive.
- Practice worksheets can be completed with a completed picture and word sort for reference.
- Sentence work has tricky words, decodable text, word families used, and sounds that have been taught (and are needed for spelling) referenced.
Ways to use this RESOURCE
• Literacy Centers
• Library Corner
• Fast Finisher
• Peer Tutoring
• Buddy Class Activity
A time saver for:
· Teachers using reading programs like Jolly Phonics
· Special Education Teachers
· EFL, ESL, ELD, ELL
· Classroom Teachers
You might like one of these Products:
• CVC Word Family Charts and Peg-it Cards
• Emergent Readers BUNDLE | Open Dyslexic Font supports Jolly Phonics
• I Have, Who Has Games CHRISTMAS
• More Syllables Counting
• Nursery Rhymes Sequencing Set 1
• I Have, Who Has Games SPRING
• Nursery Rhymes Activities BUNDLE
• Phoneme Segmentation & Blending Activities support Jolly Phonics
• Syllable Counting and Syllable Completion
Don't forget that leaving feedback earns you points toward FREE TPT purchases. I love that feedback!
Also, follow me and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours after posting. It pays to follow me!
As always, please contact me with any questions!
Thank you so much,
Laurie Fyke @ Primarily Learning
Teach – Play – Learn
Save on more great resources! Click here to visit my store!
Please Note: These products were created as supplemental resources to complement teaching synthetic phonics programs like Jolly Phonics. These products were independently created and are not officially endorsed, sponsored or affiliated with Jolly Learning Ltd.