Consonant-vowel-consonant word work just got easier. Give your primary students multiple ways to work on CVC words and word families. This set contains 5 different types of activities with a total of 51 student pages (not including answer keys). The five activities are designed to offer a variety of ways for your students to learn to read and write consonant-vowel-consonant words. All activities have pages that concentrate on each of the 5 vowels as well as mixed vowel pages. The activities are as follows:
• Match and Flip (12 pages) – Match six words from two different word families to a corresponding picture. Students glue the word over the picture as a flap that can be lifted to reveal the picture.
• Phoneme Segmentation (7 pages and answer keys for self-checking) – Students touch under three lines to segment a given CVC picture and add the letters to spell the word. Can be used as a paper/pencil task or with dry erasers in a page protector.
• Onset and Rime (10 pages) – Students cut and glue the onset and rime of a word family to the corresponding picture.
• Pocket Chart Match-Up (60 CVC words and pictures) – Students use a pocket chart to match words to the corresponding picture.
• Page Protector Match-Up (12 pages and answer key for self-checking) - Students use dry erase markers to draw a line from word to corresponding picture. Can also be done as a paper/pencil task.
Check out the 8 page preview with photos for a closer look at sample pages!