Also included in
- This bundle includes all of our favorite CVC worksheets, games, activities, that we offer, all in one bundled discounted price!Total pages:CVC Bundle Includes:CVC Word Family Worksheets Vols. 1 & 2CVC Color Flashcards Vols. 1 & 2CVC Color Bingo Game Vols. 1 & 2CVC Hidden Word Family Work$70.00$101.00Save $31.00
The CVC worksheets were designed to give children more practice reading words that have the "consonant-vowel-consonant" spelling pattern. CVC Word Families Worksheets Vol. 2 has a new set of word families for the children to learn. These types of words are supposed to be "easy" for children to read, and therefore tend to be glossed over by many publishing companies in their beginning reading materials. However, children often need extended practice in sounding out these three letter words in order to feel comfortable with them. They also need a chance to practice them within the context of the sight words that they are learning.
Words Covered in Vol.2 Are:
• Short A (–ad), (–ag), (–ap) Family Words:
bag, gag, jag, lag, mag, rag, sag, tag, wag, bad, dad, fad, had, lad, mad, pad, sad, cap, gap, lap, map, nap, sap, tap, yap, zap
• Short E (–ed), (–em) Family Words:
bed, fed, led, red, Ted, wed, hem, them, Em
• Short I (–id), (–im) Family Words:
bid, did, hid, kid, lid, mid, rid, Sid, dim, him, Jim, Kim, rim, Tim
• Short O (–od), (–og) Family Words:
cod, log, nod, pod, rod, sod, bog, dog, fog, hog, jog
• Short U (–ub), (–ud), (–um), (–up) Family:
cub, rub, sub, tub, bud, cud, dud, mud, hum, gum, mum, sum, yum, cup, up, pup, yup
Includes 288 pages:
• Flash cards for 13 different CVC A, E, I, O, U word families listed above
• Five different types of reading worksheets plus several sound sort worksheets for each vowel sound unit
• Flash cards in large format for whole group practice, and small format for homework practice
• Worksheets with “fill in the blank” format for writing practice and “cut and paste” format for fine motor fun
• Simple, child-like pictures that are appealing to children and fun to color
• Sound Sort worksheets to help develop phonemic awareness
• Flash cards for sound sorts or games.
Sight words are introduced gradually, with only six basic sight words and six colors introduced in unit one with short vowel a. The included sight words increase to 23 plus the color words in the last unit with short vowel u.
For some CVC and word family SONGS, check out my Word Family Songs DVD here!
© Heidi Butkus