A hot cocoa themed game to improve your learners' ability to blend sounds and read words. Hot cocoa theme pack that includes this game, a "How to Make Hot Cocoa" reader, word problems,drawing groups and writing numbers activities also available. Se my Featured Resources.
How to Play:
1. Gather a bunch of objects to be used as marshmallows (cotton balls, white cubes).
2. Set a goal for a number of marshmallows to be earned.
3. On their turn, players are shown a card and asked to read it. If they read it correctly, they are given a “marshmallow”. If they do not read it correctly, support them in making each sound in order, then blending the sounds into a word.
4. Play until everyone earns all of their marshmallows. Support as needed for success.
5. Celebrate class success at the end of the week with a hot cocoa party!