Are you looking for a way to reinforce CVC patterns, short vowel word families, and rhyming?
Students will develop automaticity with CVC words (perfect for building word fluency!) and will practice rhyming using various CVC word families. Students will read a word, find the rhyming word, and then line up the strips so the words are stacked. (NOTE: Students will line up the words just like they do with matching numbers when playing with dominoes.) The strips form a colorful word ladder with eight rhyming word pairs. There are FOUR sets of CVC word ladder pages to choose from.
This simple activity is great for literacy centers, small group instruction, or even take-home practice. Students can complete independently or with a buddy!
All you have to do is print, laminate, and cut! You can print in color OR in black & white (both versions are included). Make a single copy of each or create a class set.
Included in this product:
- 1 Page of Teacher Directions
- 2 Pages of Students Directions (Full Page or 1/4 Page)
- 4 Pages of CVC Word Ladder Dominoes (Color)
- 4 Pages of CVC Word Ladder Dominoes (B&W)
Looking for Word Ladder Dominoes products to reinforce other phonics patterns? Check out the collection HERE!
- CVC Word Ladder Dominoes (Short Vowels)
- CCVC Word Ladder Dominoes (Beginning Blends & Digraphs)
- CVCC Word Ladder Dominoes (Ending Blends)
- CVCe Word Ladder Dominoes (Magic E)
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or comments!