Also included in
- Once students have mastered consonant and vowel sounds, CVC words are usually the first words they begin blending and reading. These short words are perfect for helping students grasp the importance of the letter and sound relationship within words. Some students grasp this skill easily, while other$27.50$39.00Save $11.50
These CVC Magnetic Letter Mats are perfect for teaching CVC words to your students.
CVC words are usually the first words a student learns once they have mastered consonant and vowel sounds. These short words are perfect for helping students grasp the importance of the letter and sound relationship within words. Some students grasp this skill easily, while other students need lots of practice and repetition. It is a skill that we spend a lot of time working on in Kindergarten and 1st grade.
This packet includes:
•23 CVC same word family mats
•20 CVC same vowel, mixed word family mats
•10 CVC mixed vowel, mixed word family mats
•An optional recording sheet
A total of 53 CVC word building mats are included
Word Families Included: ab, ad, ag, am, an, ap, at, ed, en, et, id, ig, in, ip, it, ob, og, op, ot, ub, ug, um, un
Included on mixed mats: all of the above and ax, eb, ib, im, ix, od, ox, us, ux,
To prepare this packet, just print the activity mats and laminate or slide in page protectors. Students will need magnetic letters or letter tiles to complete this activity. You could also have students use a dry erase marker to write the words.
To make this activity self-checking, the words for each picture are written very small in the bottom right corner of the mat. You can give each student a sticky note and have them cover the answers as they work. Once they have built the words they can remove the sticky note to check their work.
An optional recording page is included. Students will select up to six words that they worked on. They will write the word on the line and draw a picture to illustrate.
✅ Google Slides:
A Google Slides version of the activity cards is included in this resource. Your students will practice spelling CVC words in this Google Slides activity. They will drag and drop the letters from the alphabet to spell the words in the pictures. Once they have spelled all four CVC words on the slide, they can check their work by moving the green checkmark box to reveal the answers.
The Google Slides Version Includes:
- 53 Google Slides with 4 CVC words per slide
- 4 separate presentations: same word family, same vowel/mixed word family, mixed vowel practice, and the full set. (easily delete unneeded slides or mix and match to fit your needs)
- Drag and drop letter tiles for making words (entire alphabet on each slide)
- Self-checking box for revealing the answers on each slide
- Can be shared on a virtual learning platform, projected on an interactive whiteboard, or assigned individually in Google Classroom.