CVC word study is essential for beginning readers.
NOTE: This product is also in the bundle: Kindergarten CVC Words, Sight Words, and Stories Big Bundle, available in my store.
This packet includes a total of 40 CVC words containing short vowels a, e, i, o, and u. It consists of ten chapters. Each chapter highlights four CVC words that are incorporated into eleven activities. It is perfect for individual, small, and large group instruction, morning work, literacy centers, homework, and summer work.
The activities for each chapter are:
1. Draw a line to the matching words
2. Trace words
3. Draw a line to make a word (onsets and rimes)
4. Write rhyming words
5. Word search
6. Unscramble the words
7. Reading fluency
8. Write the words
9. Which vowel fits
10. Letter activity
11. Drawing activity
This packet provides a thorough CVC word review for anytime of the school year. Please download my preview of Chapter 7.
Be sure to click on the green star under my store name to be notified of my upcoming freebies and new products.
Thanks for all you do for kids. No Prep, reading to print and go! Writing My Name is perfect for all your students who are learning to write their name. Five pages are designated to each of the 26 letters of the alphabet. So, whatever letter your student’s name begins with, there are five activity pages for her/him. Practice in correct letter formation and tracing of the beginning letter of each student’s name is included. Print as many activity pages as you need so your students can practice name writing over and over again while also enjoying the activities.
1. Tracing/writing beginning letter of student’s name, writing name, activity: coloring “Other famous things that begin with letter ____”
2. Tracing/writing beginning letter of student’s name, writing name, activity: “I Can Draw What I Like To Do”
3. Tracing/writing beginning letter of student’s name, writing name, activity: Tracing varied lines
4. Tracing/writing beginning letter of student’s name, writing name, activity: Tracing and coloring shapes
5. Tracing/writing beginning letter of student’s name, writing name four times
Have fun with this essential product for back to school and all year through!
Thanks for all you do for kids! A special thank you to Homeschool, Public, and Private School Educators for your incredible efforts!
Joan Truxler, PhD
University of Toronto