CVC 1 Different Game
A Fun, but Challenging Game to Promote CVC Word Recognition, Vowel Difference and Beginning and Ending Consonants.
Word Families Included: ab,ad,ag,am,an,ap,at,en,et,id,ig,in,
Run off all CVC Cards and laminate. I would suggest laminating on colored Cardstock so the back is a color not white, but that is just a detail. If you run the colored sheets off in Black and white, they will be a gray color, which is fine, too. Your Choice!!!
Cut the cards a part.
Run Off a copy of the directions on cardstock to include in the game bag or basket and you are ready to go!
There are blank cards included if you would like to write and add other words.
1. This game is for 2-4 players. It can be used as an intervention, review, reteach, station game or anytime you can fit it in. My Kiddos usually did this at a choice time, when they were finished their “have to” work or during indoor recess.
2. Shuffle the deck and deal each player 4-6 cards. The remaining cards are left in a pile in the center of the players. To help your students hold the cards, you can have clip clothespins available for them to clip onto the bottom of the cards to facilitate holding more than one card. Although it does not really matter if others can see the cards because they can help each other!
3. Turn over the top card from the pile in the middle and the fun begins!
4. The first player looks at the card that is turned over, s/he may only place a card on top if it has a letter that is ONLY 1 different. So, the word placed on top can only have one letter that is different from the top card. For example, if the word cat is turned up, then the player can put, bat, cut, cab, fat, can on top.
If you cannot place a card on top you have to pick one from the center pile to add to the cards in your hand. If no one can put a card down, then a new card is turned up from the center pile, placed on top of the last card in the center and play starts again.
5. Play continues until someone runs out of cards or no one can make a move. The player with the smallest number of cards wins the game!
Thank you for purchasing, downloading, following or browsing! I hope this game is another fun way to reinforce skills in your classroom. Enjoy!!!