CVC Words | Blend to Read With Keyword Pictures
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Here’s a money-saving bundle of two phonics resources, one digital resource for use with Google SlidesTM and one activity to print. They are designed to support beginning or struggling students as they learn to decode CVC words in kindergarten and first grade. These resources were crafted by Judy,Price $9.00Original Price $12.00Save $3.00
- Do you need a phonics resource designed to support your beginning or struggling readers as they learn to decode words with the CVC pattern, the short vowel pattern with consonant digraphs, or the silent e (vowel-consonant-e, CVCe, magic e) pattern in kindergarten, first, or second grades? Then, thisPrice $12.00Original Price $15.50Save $3.50
Do you need a way to support your beginning or struggling students as they learn to decode CVC words in kindergarten and first grade? This set of 180 CVC word cards with visual cues is designed especially for you.
Each word card has a three-letter short vowel word without consonant blends or digraphs.
With these CVC word cards, there is no mystery to solve or puzzle to figure out. There is a specific key word picture for easy reference above each letter to assist your students with letter-sound correspondence. There is a dot below each letter.
- Touch each dot and say the sound that letter represents.
- Use the key word picture for support, as needed.
- Blend the sounds together to read the CVC word as they sweep their finger along the arrow.
This easy-to-prepare resource with visual supports for learning includes:
- 40 short a words
- 24 short e words
- 40 short i words
- 40 short o words and
- 36 short u words
You’ll find both common and less common CVC words. Choose color or black/ white.
Keep these phonics word cards handy to use in your small guided, intervention, and resource groups. Try adding them to your literacy centers.
Be sure to check out a free sample of this resource!
I used a consistent set of key word pictures. I added a one-page reference chart with these pictures; in color and black/ white to this resource.
You can download a free set of Letter/ Sound Picture Cards with the same key word pictures.
What do your colleagues think about this resource?
❤️ “I use this resource each year. Great visual clues!” Megan
❤️ “Very simple to use and engaging for young students.” Melissa
❤️ “Fabulous product to help students practice blending and reading CVC words.” Jilleen
❤️ “My kids need that visual for their sounds! Love it!” Shea
Here’s what you’ll receive with this easy-to-prepare resource:
- 1 page teacher information
- 45 pages color CVC word cards (4 per page)
- 1 page color letter/ sound key word picture reference chart
- 45 pages black/ white CVC word cards (4 per page)
- 1 page black/ white letter/ sound key word picture reference chart
Check Out More Resources
Don’t Lose Out
Be sure to follow my store! You’ll receive email updates about new resources and discounts. New resources are often 50% off for the first 48 hours!
Don’t forget to provide constructive feedback. You’ll help me continue to create quality instructional resources that are useful for your classroom.
Better yet, TpT will give you feedback credits that you can use to lower the cost of your future purchases.
Just go to your My Purchases page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the resource.