These CVC centers are perfect for working on CVC words with Pre-K and Kindergarten students (or early 1st grade review.)
If you are looking for hands-on and engaging CVC activities for your classroom - these are for you!
Designed with early readers in mind, these CVC words activities will give you a variety of differentiated centers and options for your students.
This pack is filled with engaging CVC words centers for Pre-K and Kindergarten students that are NOT themed and can be used ANY TIME of year! (see the preview and description below for full details).
***This pack is also available in a money saving BUNDLE***
of print and play, skill-based centers.
Looking for centers that are themed? You will love our themed math and literacy centers.
CVC WORDS CENTERS AND ACTIVITIES INCLUDED:
– Print and laminate these cards for a fun BINGO game with CVC words! There are 10 individual BINGO cards. Great for small groups or to play as a whole class (have a few winners at a time) Make it fun for everyone while practicing reading CVC words!
CVC Pocket Chart Word Building
- Use the word, picture, and letter cards for several activities in a pocket chart! Ways to play:
* Build CVC words by matching letters to the word pictures
* Build CVC words by matching letters to the word cards
* Build CVC words by matching letters to pictures (spelling with no guidance)
* Match up picture and word cards (with or without the labels for guidance) as a matching game
CVC Real/Nonsense Word Sort
- Read the CVC words and sort real vs. nonsense words!
CVC Writing Center Activities
– These writing activities will be perfect for your writing centers as your students learn CVC words!
* Write or Color the room
* Tracing strips or writing strips, depending on your students’ levels and needs! Use some or all!
CVC Word Building Cards
– Use magnets, letter beads, tiles etc. to build the words in the boxes. In the next game, build the words and then write them, too! Choose your level of play – there are differentiated options.
Onset and Rime Puzzles
– Print and laminate these puzzles to work on onset and rime! Choose your set – there are differentiated options depending on the level of your students.
CVC Word Family Mini-Books
– These mini- books are SUPER easy to prep – N0 staples needed! Just print and fold twice! Mini-books included for 17 different CVC word families.
Gumball CVC Words (2 levels)
– Pick a gumball machine and say the picture name. Find and color the matching CVC gumball! (one set includes the CVC words written next to the picture for matching support).
Mixin’ Up CVC Words (2 levels)
– Pick a stove card and say the picture name. Find and color the matching CVC cookie! (one set includes the CVC words written next to the picture for matching support).
Gumball Word Families (16 separate word families)
– Read the word family on the gumball machine. Color only the gumball CVC words in that word family!
CVC Blending Cards (121 total!)
– Use on a ring, as flashcards – anyway you choose! They include dots under each letter for kids to point and say the sound s as they read.
Black and White Copies of color items are included at the end of the files.
More Activities Your Kids Will Love:
Phonics Poems - CVC Word Families
CVC Word Family Fluency Passages
CVC Word Family Emergent Readers