Also included in
- Are you looking for a complete, phonics-based reading intervention resource to boost your students who aren’t yet reading at grade level? This Phonics-Based Reading Intervention Bundle makes it easy (and fun!) to get your students up-to-speed with reading and spelling. This resource will also help yPrice $87.00Original Price $116.00Save $29.00
Do you have students who need extra help to master CVC words? This CVC Words Intervention Pack makes it easy (and fun!) to get your students up-to-speed with reading and spelling CVC words. This resource will also help you implement the science of reading!
Time to implement interventions is often limited, so this resource is:
- No-prep: just print and place student pages in binders, or staple packets together
- Flexible: you can decide how many activities to complete per day based upon how much time you have
- Structured and consistent: when students know what to expect, intervention time goes more quickly and smoothly
- Data-driven: assessments are provided after instruction on each vowel, so you’ll know when students need further practice or when you can move on
To begin using the CVC Words Intervention Pack, you’ll print out the teacher manual pages or plan to access them digitally. You’ll also print the student pages and place them into binders with page protectors, or you’ll staple packets together for the students. The only other materials you’ll need are writing utensils, dice, and counters.
In each intervention session, you can choose how many total activities students complete (it’s easy to stop and resume practice another day). The teacher manual will tell you exactly what to do and say. For some of the activities, you can get students started and then attend to another task or provide individual support while the rest of the students continue working.
For each short vowel sound, students will practice:
- Identifying pictures that have the target sound
- Tracing (with a finger and writing utensil) the vowel for multisensory practice
- Blending to read CVC words with the target vowel
- Using magnetic letters or paper letter tiles to build CVC words with the target vowel
- Reading real and nonsense CVC words with the target vowel
- Reading sentences containing CVC words with the target vowel and simple high frequency words
- Reading and answering questions about a decodable passage for the short vowel
Phonological awareness practice is embedded in the practice activities (however, the primary emphasis is on having students read and write CVC words).
In addition to these routines provided for each short vowel, there are bonus games and activities to extend students’ practice.
Also included are “mixed vowel” activities to have students compare vowel sounds and provide further CVC word reading practice.
You can follow the order of the packet for a suggested sequence, or you can easily cover the vowels out of order if you prefer.
Please download the FREE preview to see how easy it is to implement the CVC Words Intervention Pack!
To check out my entire K-2 bundle for reading intervention, visit this page.