Also included in
- This bundle includes activities to help students practice and strengthen their phonemic awareness skills. There are 280 phoneme substitution activity cards included in this bundle.The activity are easy to prep and can be used with or without the recording sheet. No-prep practice pages are included w$16.00$20.00Save $4.00
This is a quick, easy to prep activity to help students practice phoneme substitution and CVC words by changing the beginning sounds in words. Students will learn to manipulate spoken words by substituting the beginning sounds to make a new word.
Students will read the CVC word on the card and then change the beginning sound to spell a new word that matches the picture. They will use a dry erase marker to write the word, and then wipe it off when finished.
Just print, laminate, and cut out the activity cards. Students can write the new words on each card using dry erase markers (you could also use letter tiles to make the words).
This packet includes:
-7 sets of activity cards (Activity cards are color coded for easy organization)
-2 "I Can" visual direction pages to promote independence
-Recording sheets to hold students accountable for their work (optional)
-Answer Key for easy checking
-Additional no-prep practice pages to help reinforce the skill
Word Families included: ad, ag, am, an, ap, at, ed, en, et, ig, in, ip, it, og, op, ot, ub, ug, un, ut
✅ A Google Slides version of the activity cards is included in this resource. Your students will practice spelling CVC words in this Google Slides activity. They will drag and drop the letters from the alphabet to spell the word by changing the beginning sound. Once they have spelled all three CVC words on the slide, they can check their work by moving the green checkmark box to reveal the answers.
- 28 Google Slides with 3 CVC words per slide
- 7 labeled sets: short a, e, i, o, u and two mixed vowel sets (easily delete unneeded slides to assign specific sets or mix and match to fit your needs)
- Drag and drop letter tiles for making words (entire alphabet on each slide)
- Self-checking box for revealing the answers on each slide
- Can be shared on a virtual learning platform, projected on an interactive whiteboard, or assigned individually in Google Classroom.
⭐️ Click here to check out other activities that teach CVC words!