This is a bundle of CVC words and activities that will surely get your students to fluency in this stage. All words contain straightforward CVC words with NO digraphs so the skill is single letter phenomes- letter sound correspondence.
This bundle is intentionally NOT filled with young clip art and pictures so it is useable for ALL AGES without the feeling for older students that it is “little kid work”. Many CVC activities are geared towards kindergarten and first grade with graphics and older students resist this as it reinforces how “far behind” they may be. This bundle can be used Kindergarten through ADULT.
Aligned to work with Wilson 1.1-1.3 but not specifically for Wilson reading. Works well with any program you are using as a supplement to phonics instruction. Great for RTI, small groups, centers, and more!
The bundle includes:
1. Word cards sorted by vowel sound.
2. Decodable sentence cards for fluency practice using the CVC words.
3. Decodable CVC paragraph for extended fluency practice.
4. Word ladders using CVC words.
5. Fill in the blank selecting from CVC words.
6. Partner Read / Write Sentence activity. Students can practice dictation by having CVC decodable sentences that they read to their partner and the partner can write them. (Great in a wipe off sleeve for multiple uses in a center!)
7. Change the Word Activity. Change the middle vowel sound to make a new word.
8. Match the rhyming word.
25 pages in all!!
• Print on colored cardstock or paper and color code word cards for each vowel sound- (short a words red, short i words green, etc.) Color will reinforce change in vowel sound.
• Do a daily drill in groups,
• Have partners drill each other,
• Do a word sort by vowel sound, initial consonant sound, ending sound.
Word ladders, Sentence Dictation Pages, Change a Word:
• Laminate or put in wipe off sleeves to do with wipe off markers in a center for multiple uses
• Print and use as formative assessment
• Copy as homework sheets
IMPORTANT WLT DISCLAIMER: This file is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading SystemÒ, FundationsÒ, Just WordsÒ, and Wilson FluencyÒ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.