This no-prep, self-checking smartboard game will help students identify the correct spelling for CVC words by using their knowledge of short vowel sounds to identify which word is spelled correctly. Students need to identify what picture is at the top of the page and pick which of the two similarly spelled words at the bottom of the page is correct.
This game will also help students with reading nonsense words, as some of the words included aren't real! Best of all, this game is self-checking... when students touch the correct answer they'll hear a fun cheering sound!
WHAT SKILLS WILL THIS GAME HELP MY STUDENTS DEVELOP?
This smartboard game is a great way to have your students:
• Segment the sounds in CVC words
• Decode real and nonsense CVC words
• Identify the correct spelling for CVC words
WHAT FILE TYPES ARE INCLUDED?
This ZIP file contains two file types:
• A Smartboard file for Smart Notebook (.notebook)
• An Activinspire file for Promethean boards (.flipchart)
LOOKING FOR A DISCOUNT?
Save 40% by getting this game as part of a MEGA CVC BUNDLE (13 games included!)
LOOKING FOR OTHER SMARTBOARD GAMES?
If you like this game, be sure to check out my other smartboard games! There are:
• Smartboard BUNDLES
• Seasonal Smartboard Games
• Year-Round Smartboard Games for Phonics and Sight Words
A Turn to Learn