The aim of the product is to develop your students’ ability to sound out and decode (mostly) CVC words, word families, spelling and to develop their phonological awareness. (There are a couple of four lettered words such as but
). The cards are great for small groups and literacy centers and my students LOVE using them.
The pack consists of:
• 17 sheets with the following sounds:
-ad -ed -ig -og -ug
-ag -en -in -op -ut
-an -et -ip -ot
• 3 sheets with mixed words.
:How to prepare this product::
• Laminate the sheets.
• Stick Velcro on the inside of the pictures.
• Fold over on the thick black line.
• Cut on the dotted line.
• Stick the Velcro together to close the flap.
How to use this product:
• Students point to the dot under each word and sound out the word. A line represents a digraph (for example, 'sh')
• If they can decode the word correctly, they write a ‘tick’ in the star next to the
• They lift the flap to check their answers against the picture.
I hope your students will have fun decoding the words.
You might also be interested in:
CVC Matching Activity - Short a
CVC Matching Activity - Short e
CVC Matching Activity - Short i
CVC Matching Activity - Short o
CVC Matching Activity - Short u
CVC Matching Activity - Mixed Vowels
CVC Matching Activity - Bundle
Dab It, Write It, Spell It
CVC Sounding Out Practice Cards
Follow Little Wombats on Facebook