Included in the CVC Write the Room Bundle:
Write the Room CVC Set 1, Write the Room CVC Set 2, Write the Room CVC Set 3 and Write the Room CVC Set 4:
My students will never get sick of Room Writing activities. If you are new to the concept, here is what to do… All cards are printed and laminated (optional). Cards are then placed around the room for students to find. Each student is given a recording sheet and walk around the room searching for the cards. When a student finds a card they look at the number on it. This number corresponds to the box in which they need to write their answer. For this room write, students must write in the numbered box the CVC word that corresponds to the picture shown. Once you do one room write with your class you won’t be able to stop! I often have a room write set up in one section of my classroom for one group to do, while another group is reading/writing with me. With the answer sheet these take you less than twenty seconds to mark. It is a great tool for monitoring student progress with a concept in a fun way. Includes: Instructions for use, an answer sheet (to make marking easy), black and white printable recording sheet and 16 CVC word game cards.
Scoot CVC Set 1 and Scoot CVC Set 2: Scoot is a whole class or small group game that is not only fun but also great for pre-assessment.
1. A game card is placed on each student desk.
2. Each student is given a recording sheet.
3. Students select a desk to begin at.
4. Students begin by identifying the picture on the game card. They must write the CVC word.
5. In order to record their answer, students need to look for the number on their game card and write their answer in the same numbered box on their recording sheet.
5. Once the student has recorded their answer they should stand behind their chair.
6. When the teacher shouts SCOOT each student moves to the next desk and therefore is ready to give an answer for a new game card.
7. Play continues for as many rounds as needed (24 max).