Do you want to teach your students to READ, WRITE and USE CVCC/CCVC Words Successfully... Having FUN at the same time?
COMBINING SKILLS.... THAT'S WHAT ENABLES STUDENTS TO LEARN!
In this product, I have combined reading, spelling, phonics/phonemic awareness, alphabetizing, and comprehension skills.
IN THIS FANTASTIC SET OF ACTIVITIES, YOU WILL GET:
• Booklet Cover and Back (If you want to make it into a booklet)
• 2 Word Searches (1-CVCC and 1-CCVC)
• 1 Set of CVCC Words for Hiding
• 1 Set of CCVC Words for Hiding
• 2 Recording Sheets to record the hidden words
• 1 What is CVCC?
• 1 What is CCVC?
• 2 Sound Boxes Pages
• 2 Cut and Paste Pages (Don't forget to add blank pages after these if your are making a booklet.)
• 2 Unscramble the Words Pages
• 2 ABC Order Pages
• 2 Pages Sentences Pages
I like to do the WRITE the ROOM Activity on the first day.
I copy the Word Search onto the back of the recording sheet. This way, when they are finished finding the words, they can return to their seat and start the word search. When everyone is finished, I collect all of the cards and we check the recording sheet altogether.
Then, I do one of the activity pages each day. They can be classwork, homework, seatwork, station work or even word work for guided reading.
It all starts with a fun WRITE THE ROOM activity. HIDE the Word Cards around your classroom. (Choose CVCC or CCVC words.) Your students will search the room for them and write the words on the recording sheet beside the pictures.
• What is CVCC/CCVC? This will explain to to label the vowels and consonants to determine if a word is ccvc or cvcc. Students will LABEL EACH CONSONANT AND VOWEL FOR EACH PICTURE. They will NOTICE THE CVCC PATTERN IN EACH WORD.
• Sound Boxes – Students will write the letters in the boxes.
• Cut and Paste Comprehension – Students will read a sentence and determine the correct picture/Word by using context clues. Students will then spell the words with the assistance of letter boxes and paste the picture beside the correct sentence.
• Word Unscramble – Students will unscramble the words and color the pictures that goes with the word.
• ABC Order – Students will practice putting the words in ABC order. (To first and second letters)
• SENTENCES - Since students have practiced the CVCC/CCVC Words, they should be able to make an excellent attempt at spelling the words. They will then create a sentence using the word and then color the picture as directed.
• CVCC/CCVC SORT – Students will sort the words/pictures between CVCC and CCVC words.
More to Love:
Word Ladder Fun with Magic "e"
Word Ladder Fun with Short Vowels
Strategy Puppets for Reading Comprehension K - 2
First Grade Telling Time to the Hour and Half Hour ~ Spring Forward