Jump into Fall with 5 fun, Fall-themed phonics stations! Use as stations in pairs or as practice activities for Small Group Reading time.
1) Read the Room - Students read the CVC words on the cards, hold up their "e" pumpkin, and record the new CVCe word they built. Then, students decide if these words on real or nonsense words.
2) "Leaf Pile!" - Students play this "Go Fish!" style game by calling out the missing match to their card. Ex. "Who has cape?" if they have "cap".
3) Leaf Sort - Students read words on leaves, then sort into long vowel or short vowel "leaf" piles.
4) "Cover 4!" - Teacher or student calls out words for other students to find and cover on their game board. Students try to cover 4 words in a row to win!
5) Candy Corn matches - Students read the CVC words on the top portions of candy corns, then find their CVCe matches.
*Follow my TPT store and Facebook page (www.facebook.com/theSAHteacher) for updates on other activities, as well as information about deals and freebies!