Perfect for word work centers. Tricky silent e will become fun! Included in this unit of CVCE words are seven differentiated activities to meet the needs of various levels of students in your classroom. Some black and white versions included - see preview.
The activities include:
• 4 Vowel Sound Sorting Mats and Pictures
• 12 Interactive Cut and Paste (changing cvc to cvce words)
• 12 Making/Writing CVCE Words Cards
• 16 Matching Picture to Text - Clip-It Cards
• 10 Sight Word/CVCE Scrambled Sentences
• 3 Tic Tac Toe Reading CVCE Words Game Cards
• 3 worksheet extensions
These activities/games are great to use as a small group lesson or independent practice used within a word work/abc center.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3b Associate the long and short sounds with the common spellings (graphemes) for the five major vowels.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3c Read common high-frequency words by sight (e.g., the, of, to, you, she, my, is, are, do, does).
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.1a Print many upper- and lowercase letters
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.1a Recognize the distinguishing features of a sentence (e.g., first word, capitalization, ending punctuation)
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.2a Distinguish long from short vowel sounds in spoken single-syllable words
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3c Know final -e and common vowel team conventions for representing long vowel sounds
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.1.2b Use end punctuation for sentences.
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.2c Write a letter or letters for most consonant and short-vowel sounds (phonemes).
• CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.1.3b Decode regularly spelled one-syllable words
"The Common Core Standards were written and developed by The National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. "
If you like these products please leave a positive comment to earn TpT credits.
Follow us by clicking on the star above to receive notifications about new products and sales.
If you have any questions or need help with this product please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org