This is a bundle of CVCE words and activities that will surely get your students to fluency in this stage. All words contain straightforward CVCe words WITH diagraphs and blends . A few “ph” and “wr” are in the words and those sounds are underlined to call attention to it being one sound.
This bundle is intentionally NOT filled with young clip art and pictures so it is useable for ALL AGES without the feeling for older students that it is “little kid work”. Many CVCE activities are geared towards kindergarten and first grade with graphics and older students resist this as it reinforces how “far behind” they may be. This bundle can be used Kindergarten through ADULT.
This bundle builds on previous knowledge and bundles and assumes students can decode CVC words with and without blends as well as can read a selection of sight words such as from, in, is, go, will, I , he, she, did, not, and went.
Aligned to work with Wilson 4.1 but not specifically for Wilson reading. Works well with any program you are using as a supplement to phonics instruction. Great for RTI, small groups, centers, and more!
The bundle includes:
1. CVCe Word cards with blends and diagraphs.
2. Decodable sentence cards for fluency practice using the CVCe words.
3. Decodable CVCe paragraph for extended fluency practice.
4. CVCe Vowel Sort
5. Fill in the blank selecting from CVCe words.
6. Partner Read / Write Sentence activity. Students can practice dictation by having CVCe decodable sentences that they read to their partner and the partner can write them. (Great in a wipe off sleeve for multiple uses in a center!)
7. Match the rhyming word.
8. Roll it Write it Color it! Dice game to practice reading CVCe words
19 pages in all!! Suggested uses:
• Print on colored cardstock or paper and color code word cards for each vowel sound- (short a words red, short i words green, etc.) Color will reinforce change in vowel sound.
• Do a daily drill in groups,
• Have partners drill each other,
• Do a word sort by vowel sound, initial consonant sound, ending sound.
Roll it Read it Color it, Sentence Dictation Pages, Vowel Sort:
• Laminate or put in wipe off sleeves to do with wipe off markers in a center for multiple uses
• Print and use as formative assessment
• Copy as homework sheets
This purchase is good for one classroom license. PLEASE leave feedback (get your TPT points!) and be sure to follow my store!
IMPORTANT WLT DISCLAIMER: This file is an independent product and is not affiliated with, nor has it been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Wilson Language Training Corporation. WILSON®, Wilson Reading SystemÒ, FundationsÒ, Just WordsÒ, and Wilson FluencyÒ are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of the Wilson Language Training Corporation.